Calendar of Events

Exercise and Lupus

Posted · Add Comment

Exercise and movement are vitally important to maintaining good health. People living with lupus often suffer from fatigue and pain which can make it more difficult to exercise. It is important to find ways to still create opportunities for movement and exercise through the pain and fatigue. Try different forms of low-impact exercise such as […]

Research Pinpoints Which Infections May Trigger Lupus Flares

Posted · Add Comment

New research funded by Lupus LA’s research partner, the Lupus Research Institute (LRI) and the NIH’s National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) has provided unique insight into how infections cause lupus flares. Dr. Stefania Gallucci (Temple University School of Medicine) and her colleagues Drs. Çagla Tükel and Roberto Caricchio have now […]

The Latest in Lupus Research

Posted · Add Comment

By Daniel J Wallace MD The year 2016 opens with some very exciting new developments in the field of lupology. A few interesting examples are listed below. It turns out that only 20% of lupus is due to a genetic component. Epigenetics, or how the environment influences the genome is very important. Recent studies, for example, […]

Men with Lupus

Posted · Add Comment

By Adam Selkowitz 90% of people with lupus are women, but what about the other 10%?  You don’t often hear a lot about men with lupus.  Lupus is often thought of as a “woman’s disease”.  As a man with lupus and one who was diagnosed as a teenager, I’ve had to live with the fact that […]