Fight Lupus in Body and Mind
Dealing with a complex and chronic disease, like lupus, requires a lot of inner-strength, patience, and support. It is important to keep this in mind and to build up a support network. It is critical to work with knowledgeable doctors and other health professionals.
As you build your support network, please keep in mind these important skills:
- Pace yourself—quality and quantity has to do with knowing your limits.
- Communicate your needs to those who care for you.
- Practice patience to ride out the trying times.
- Organize your medical records and visits to physicians.
- Prioritize your responsibilities in life (rest, exercise, work, family).
- Cultivate a sense of humor to help you through the rough spots.
- Practice healthy stress-relief techniques.
You can also learn a lot of ideas and strategies in our Living with Lupus section that touches on important subjects like what to do about lupus hair loss and steps to take right after a diagnosis.