Get Started Here
Facebook fundraisers are a great way to help support the mission of Lupus LA. We are so grateful to those who’ve started fundraisers on behalf of Lupus LA, as well as their friends, family, and community that have given towards those fundraisers. Hosting a Facebook Fundraiser is such an easy, simple way to support lupus research, awareness and patient support – but we believe something simple can also be something extraordinary!
Taking on the fight against lupus can be daunting, but we know that every single person who wants to make a difference, can. This simple tool that Facebook created is one of the ways that anyone make a huge difference, so we wanted to share a few easy steps to creating your own Facebook fundraiser:
7 EASY STEPS
1. Once you are logged into Facebook on your computer, Tap Here to set up your Facebook Fundraiser!
2. First, you’ll need set your fundraising goal. We’ve seen many successful fundraisers at $500 or even $1,000 or more! Set something that you feel good about and see where it goes! You can always raise the amount if you feel like setting a challenge after you go live.
3. Next, you’ll select the currency you want to use (USD).
4. You’ll then choose the date that you’d like to run your fundraiser until.
5. Then, Tell Your Story. Share why you are raising money for Lupus LA, or use the template pre-written for you!
You can also use facts about lupus in your description to spread additional awareness:
- 1 million people in the U.S. are affected by lupus, a devastating autoimmune disease with no cure.
- Lupus is a systemic and chronic disease, which means that all parts of the body can be affected, and the disease doesn’t just go away. No two cases of lupus are exactly alike.
- Anyone can get lupus, including men, seniors and children.
- Lupus affects 1 out of every 1,000 women in the U.S. 90% of lupus patients
- Of the more than 1 million Americans with this serious chronic illness, an estimated 5,000 to 10,000 are diagnosed under the age of 18.
- African-American women are three times more likely than Caucasian women to get lupus and develop severe symptoms, with as many as 1 in every 250 African-American women affected.
- Symptoms of lupus can be so severe, including chronic fatigue and debilitating pain, which often results in the loss of employment and financial hardships.
- Research shows that although 1.5 million people in the US have lupus, nearly two-thirds of the public knows little or nothing about the disease.
- More Americans have lupus than AIDS, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, sickle-cell anemia, and cystic fibrosis, making it one of the country’s most prevalent medical problems. In LA County alone, there are over 60,000 people suffering from lupus.
6. Finally, Choose a Cover Photo. You can use the automatically generated photo from Lupus LA’s Facebook page, or you can upload your own!
6. Congratulations, your fundraiser is ready to go! The next step is to invite people on your friends’ list and engage with them!
This step is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends list, remember you’re giving them an opportunity to participate in something truly impactful. If they are unable or unwilling to participate at this time – you’ve at least extended the opportunity.
Get Started Here
7. Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Your community is donating to Lupus LA because of YOU, and we couldn’t be more grateful for your support!
Get Started Here
To learn more about how to start a Fundraiser directly on Facebook, click here.
Want to host a larger fundraiser? Have questions about setting up a fundraiser on social media? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.