November 13, 2020
Make Your Birthday Even More Meaningful! How to “Donate Your Birthday” through Facebook Fundraising:
Birthday fundraisers are a great way to help support the mission of Lupus LA. We are so grateful to those who’ve started fundraisers for their birthday on behalf of Lupus LA, as well as their friends, family, and community that have given towards those fundraisers. Hosting a Facebook Fundraiser is such an easy, simple way to support lupus research, awareness and patient support – but we believe something simple can also be something extraordinary!
Taking on the fight against lupus can be daunting, but we know that every single person who wants to make a difference, can. This simple tool that Facebook created is one of the ways that anyone make a huge difference, so we wanted to share a few easy steps to creating your own Facebook fundraiser:
7 EASY STEPS
1. Go to your Facebook.com/fundraisers and select the ” + Raise Money “ button on top of the left-hand side of the page. Then select “Nonprofit”
2. Next, you’ll search for and select who you are raising money for: Lupus LA
3. Once you select Lupus LA, you’ll create a fundraiser. If you’re using the older version of Facebook, your fundraiser form will look like the image below. If you’re using the newer version of Facebook, all of your options to edit your fundraiser will be on the far left-hand side of your screen.
4. Then, Tell Your Story. Share why you are raising money for Lupus LA, or use the template pre-written for you!
5. Choose a Cover Photo. You can use the automatically generated photo from Lupus LA’s Facebook page, or you can upload your own!
6. Congratulations, your fundraiser is ready to go! The next step is to invite people on your friends’ list and engage with them! This is key. Invite, invite, invite! Share often on your timeline: remember that not everyone will see something when you post just once. While some people may be hesitant to invite people on their friends list, remember you’re giving them an opportunity to participate in something truly impactful. If they are unable or unwilling to participate at this time – you’ve at least extended the opportunity.
7. Thank people as they donate and watch numbers go up! Your community is donating to Lupus LA because of YOU, and we couldn’t be more grateful for your support!
To view these steps directly on Facebook, click here: https://socialimpact.facebook.com/charitable-giving/birthday-fundraiser/
Want to host a larger fundraiser? Have questions about setting up a fundraiser on social media? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.